What can be better, than sharing the journey.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

English Paper Pieces



I have decided to list some of die cut paper pieces made of freezer paper on my Etsy page.
They are easier to use because they do not require pinning. Just iron them to the wrong side of the fabric. They stick because of the light coat of wax. They can be used several times, in fact I have yet to wear any out. For light fabric you might not want to sew through, like silk you can iron two pieces together.

I am offering three different sizes, 1 inch, 1.5 inch and 2 inches.

I have been using these to make the scrappy hexagon quilt that I have been working on. It is now about 1.5 by 4 feet across. I am using bits of all the fabric i own and some from my friends. People have asked when it will be done, I figure probably never. I have visions of it continuing to document everything that I work on. I am hoping my mom will send me some of the scraps of shirts that she makes for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment