What can be better, than sharing the journey.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Practice, practice, practice



I have been following several blogs lately that are talking about and showing free motion quilting.
One is Leah Day at http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/ She is showing a new design a day and it has been very helpful. So I have been practicing. I started on a plastic sheet cut from some product packaging with a dry erase pen. Next I went onto my machine and tried there using scraps left over from other projects. Now I am going though my pile of orphan blocks and working on them. They are becoming potholders when I finish with them. They may become Gifts because I don't have that many pots. I have been happy with my progress even enough to try a small baby quilt. I have found that I do not have to put my feed dogs down. Just set the stitch length to zero. I do use a darning foot.



Once you start I am finding ideas for patterns every where. This next one is from a jewelry ad.



I have a pair of groves that have the rubber grippers that help a lot to move the fabric around. I have to laugh when I put them on, they must be shooting gloves because they have camo design fabric. They are stretchy and of a very light fabric. I found them at the Ymca thrift store for $.50 a pair. What a bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment