What can be better, than sharing the journey.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Things I have learned this past week





What I have learned this week.





1. Do not let your finger get anywhere near the needle. I had taken my machine apart to get inside to see where a noise was coming from. That was a bad idea. Good thing it doesn't hurt as much as the thought of it.

2. If the fabric is busy, free motion quilting does not show up well, so what's the point in doing it.

3. I need to have my sewing machine checked. It does not have the tension set right. Free motion is very hard on your machine.

4. I need a lot more practice to make it look professional or at least tolerable.

5. It is good to take many breaks. Pushing and pulling the fabric about is hard on the back and arms.

6. Bad techniques are hard to unlearn.



No comments:

Post a Comment