What can be better, than sharing the journey.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Alaskan Cruise




My family just got back from an Alaskan Cruise. It was wonderful. Every where you look is a postcard view. Even then pictures and videos cannot do justice.

Of course on the stops there are many places to buy stuff made in China with Alaska printed on it. We tried to minimize those purchases, you can't help a T-shirt or two. My major purchase was some bits of fabric. I went for Alaska wildflowers, plant, sky and water.



My thoughts are to make something to give the other family members on the cruise. That will probably be pot holders. Something small that they might actually use. I first thought of a complicated design but soon came to the idea of diagonal strips graduating from the ground to the flowers then the sea. Too bad I did not find a good sky print. It may have to come from my stash. I won't tell if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment