What can be better, than sharing the journey.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New work in progress.



I have started work on a commission for a friend. She wants a small wall hanging to go in a spare bedroom. I have always liked the movement of hexagonal stars. It will be in blues, greens and a touch of burgundy. I cut out some fabric yesterday with my accucut cutter and it always makes it go faster, now just to play with the fabric pieces till I find a pattern that works. I don't like what I have up now, it doesn't seem to flow.

When I was on vacation to Texas for reunions, one of my aunts gave me some of her craft and quilting books. It is always good to get new ideas. I especially like the Heirloom Quilts book. It has some quilting templates that I can use for free motion. Thank you Aunt Shirley for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment