What can be better, than sharing the journey.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Playing with circles

Over the weekend I organized my fabric some and came across some denim circles I had cut out some time ago. I started playing with them and knew that I did not want to remake a circle quilt I had done before it was so heavy to work with.


I deciced to just overlap the circles and sew them. It does not make for a great bed quilt but could be used for going to the park.





I tried to two ways of arraigning the circles . The first was to make an apple core look. This got confusing after a while but showed it would work. Any later circles I add will have to be on the side. Then I started putting all the darker pieces on the bottom and light on top. I like that better.



I may try this technique with felted wool. Both wool and denim can be left with edges unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment