What can be better, than sharing the journey.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

New purse

I am very lucky to have a trip planed to Australia in a couple of weeks.  This will be my first trip out of the US.  I am excited and nervous at the same time.  Of course being me I made a new purse for the trip.  I decided to use a English paper piecing project I have been working on.  It was random fabrics leftovers.  It was meant to have one piece of each only, I think some were sneaking back for a second try.  Any way it became my fabric of choice.  After being free motion quilted I made a simple bag with extra long straps.  The inside is made with heavy duty pelon.  There are six large pockets around and a couple of zippered pockets.  I washed it to soften it and bring out the quilting and it is ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment