What can be better, than sharing the journey.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hello from Australia

I have relocated with my husband to Yarrawonga, Australia. He is working on a project here for the next 18 months or so.  I could not bring my sewing machine so have brought some hand sewing projects along and have made some progress on them.  I have several english paper piecing  quilts in the progress.  That is one of the great things about paper piecing.  One project is a Flower garden and the other will be diamonds.  One may be a totally random hexagon quilt that may be used for bags and purses.
I have met with a quilting group here and gone on a shopping trip with them also.  They are a fun group and very welcoming.  There are a lot of fabric stores around, all individual shops, no chain stores.  Prices are a lot higher than you see in the states but everything here is more costly.  I still managed to find some fabric that I had to buy.  I found some Australian wild flower fabrics for a future project and some additional fabrics for the flower garden.  There is a shop here  in town also and I go in and haunt the place every so often.  There is also fabric to be had at the Opportunity shop (ie Thrift store) so now just need to get busy and sew.  It is winter here so it is a good excuse to stay in and do that. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment