What can be better, than sharing the journey.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Knife block DIY



I have bought a set of knives that I considered fun.  They are so bright and cheery I thought it would make it fun to cook.  They have a knife holder to show them off but was out of my price range.

I have been brainstorming trying to come up with a low cost diy project to hold my knife sets.
I considered using wooden bbq skewers but I don't have a good way to cut them and they might get dirty.  The knife block has silicone noodles.  I saw these drinking straws at the dollar store and thought they would work. 


 I cut them to fit my container and then sealed them with heat by holding them over a candle with pliers.  The result works great.  I didn't fill the container tight and left a little of room to put the knifes in.  You will have to play with it a little to get to the right density. 


It took a while to do, but I  think it turned out to be a great solution.





2 comments: